Sunday, April 8, 2007

Barnicle wrote it b4 BOFO?



gibby
Questions
---------
-Firstly, why llamas?

Well, they are the last animal or creature that is still controllable to make into
a horror scorer -bursting- abusing -spew meister bleeding choking creature -feature that has not been used by the major film makers YET!
also, Boone and I were thinking of a movie idea back in 1990 on the set of another
movie. And we said what are the three ingredients to making a good no budget quickly flicky horror film. those are "Barn in the title, "Blood in the title and "Llamas and in the title also the second AD. on that flick said that we could shoot on his llama ranch,. and he told us about the Male bezerk syndrome and that was it!!!! we had to make the movie,
well I was coming up with some ideas and we finished working on that other flick
and Boone went off to work for dell and I went on to work on some other stuff
low budget videos and films and we still had some "ranches" a video ranch was
born out of Fridays and Saturdays of getting together for beers and seeing
flicks, which was born out of the show I did in the 80s "Cheap Peeks'' which is
a sneak preview flick show I produced.
I also had written "Rabid Geckos Bluff" which is basically mostly what ":Barn"
is built on, but RGB is still not made and cause I'm still looking for 3-to 6 million
to make it, I basically told Kevin one after noon the retelling using Llamas instead
of Rabid geckos. ( I still want to make Rabid Geckos Bluff)
then we had another "Ranch" and drank some beers and partied and wrote the flick
got the people to gether to start filming
I have over 10 hours of the making of this film on video tape and played it on
the local access station. during the promos of the showing in town etc..

-Give me your most twisted memory of filming. ahhhhhrrrrgggghhhhh,
there were tooooooo many from having to produce 32 hours of live "Waco'"
fire-tank going in the compound footage live anti government survivalist- shows
to get the Llama head effects done. then to Get the miniature "barn" built, to 6 hours of rehire sound, and background sounds and being chased down by North by Northwest Biplanes' in east Texas cotton fields. To the Photo shoot with some titless bimbos we chased down
from a mama-son,. Tit bar. cause they had the mazeratti and the girls would do that for
the water body double afternoon. but no go from the daddy control bucks at the
tit bar, too expensive, we'll pass,. then on to the just in time luck of the draw girls
who had we just called and read the script an wanted in thought was hillarious
to the truck exchange cause the actor was not in and did not want to do the scene
any they others wanted to but couldn't make up their minds to get to the set.
and then JUGGY SCREAMS bloody murder Their is only one fu---ing Director
HERE!!





-Who's the one amongst you into bestiality?
m
mmm not meee, but you know that Dr. Albert was certainly into the reenacting
of the hummer jets.. should of seen the out takes trying to make it look real
enough. it was like fisty cuffs. with the little llama that couldn't sit still.


-What about distribution? Any luck?
No luck I don't know what Kevins doing haven't talked to him in a long time
BUT I want my 33 percent!!!! guess the web is the only place to go
since tromo don't want it and fraidy cats in the no budge worlds...??
who do these people think they are doing to LLAMAS, ??? making this BRAVE
little film that could, sheeeeeesh give me break, you don't know what your
missing BAAAAAABY!!!! 150 people showed for the showing at the gattis pizza
and beer!! and they had to call the fire Marshall..

-How about some tips for people who want to make their own low-budget
epic?
We did this during the "Robert rod" days, so- and Slacker was going big, and there
was no such thing as shooting DV, I am currently shooting my next flick "FORCED EXIT 2000"
on DV.
so it will lot cheaper than the no budget 16mm or 8mm. (So whoooo gives a Damm what it
is shot on as long as it looks cool and there are weird characters??)
More fests take dv and video features now so do it on no budget DV and borrow a non linear editor.. go for it. TIMES short!!

-What kind of shooting schedule and budget were you working with?
Well we started the movie in July and shot about 80 percent of the movie that
summer 93 then we went in to weekends. I would suggest that you shoot the
whole movie in 2 weeks and get your tits shots first and don't wait for EFFECTS
no way Do NOT wait for the effects. If you have effects in your movie. do them
first and figure out how you are going to do them and shoot them first. Actors
are easy. EFFECTS are hard to come by.

basically put most of the film on my credit card. and I think that Kevin did too
got some money and time and energy from Kelly?
we started out with 4k in credit card debt, but this doesn't count all the freebies
that we got, no one got paid and we did not have craft services.. borrowed everything
and shot over the 4 years with the use of 3 llama ranches, 8 super8 cameras and
lot of panache.




-What's the future hold for MAYBE GRAVY apart from Rowdy Round-Up?
I guess they are shooting rowdy roundup? I'm not working on that film, however
I heard from kevin he is shooting on dv and he got a grant from the TX production. fund?
I'm working on "Forced Exit 2000" and still finishing up the script for "Shrimp Monkeys Revenge" which I will be probably be shooting this summer. it will be a monster dv
effect ridden flick-o- rama.. even weirder than "Barn"

-What's the origins of the film?
" Rabid geckos Bluff", and Wizard of OZ and "Faster pussycat Kill Kill"
and kirk-o-s weird sense of humor...

-Do any of you suffer from Male Berserk Syndrome?
I used to but gibby got me out of it and I some times go into that mode, when
gibby lust for llama meat.. seeing some camel shaped thingy humping in distance
get-ya-going.

-You have one of the more visually distinct low-budget films around,
how did you decide on the style of filming and the fact it's so varied
in it's execution?
Three different Dp's and five directors. and Eight- super8 cameras along with 2, 16mm cameras loaded with retreads from another flick.rolling everywhere
but the right direction. actors saying three different levels of foreign distribs languages
and the unnerving levels of sun and fire ants biting you and sweat hogging around.
then half the cast going to lala land and new orleans- Dallas marrying smarmy
lawyers. So we had to replace actors with- llamas and barns with ranches and crew who new nothing. but we were there 45 minutes past the time. Part champagne and
always beer.. trying to keep up with the corman attitude of blood hits n'tits.
To no avail it just turned into a skeeter driven sundrenced- pshco - bitch fest.


-Who kidnapped Clive Barker for his cameo?
gibby did. he came to town, to plug his comics and new book and I was doing
a live show, and I said to my co producers, of Cutting Edge Comix. that they
would not get the studio unless I had film of Clive to put him in my movie
so he did it and kevin came up with something for him to say and he read them
off the cues.. it was very cool, although his behind the scenes agents or
manager did not like the look of the camera of other stuff going on I think?

Some of these I might omit, I wanted to take a semi-satirical approach.
Once I get your answers I'll format it, get some screenshots off your
page and post the sucker.
Take it easy.

No comments: